RX for health

RX for health

Monday, July 21, 2014

SHERRI'S STORY

, thought I would forward what worked for me in the beginning. I am not a Dr. by any means but I followed this religiously. Have lost a total of 32 pounds from my highest weight. I get my A1C tested the end of this month. I am excited.
This was the break down of what the nutritionist in the hospital gave me. It was my first information and I stuck to it like it was the Bible for over a month. I started doing my research and was able to add foods and exchange foods.... I weighed 190, had a 6.8 A1C, my liver enzymes were off, my sodium was low, cholesterol was high, triglycerides high. After 1 month I had my liver enzymes down and sodium up. My blood pressure was on it's way down. I had given up salt when my blood pressure was up. That was self induced on the sodium.
Breakfast
Grains, Beans & Starchy veggies 30g carbs 2g fat 160 calories
Fruits 15g carbs 120 calories
Meat & Meat substitutes 7g protein 8g fat 45-100 calories
Added fats 5g fat 45 calories
Lunch
Grains, Beans & Starchy veggies 30g carbs 2g fat 160 calories
Fruits 15g carbs 120 calories
Nonstarchy vegetables 10g carbs 25-50 calories
Meat & Meat substitutes 14g carbs 16g fat 90-200 calories
Added fats 5g fat 45 calories
Dinner
Grains, Beans & Starchy veggies 30g carbs 2g fat 160 calories
Fruits 15g carbs 120 calories
Nonstarchy vegetables 10g carbs 25-50 calories
Meat & Meat substitutes 21g protein 0-24g fat 135-300 calories
Added fats 10g fat 90 calories
This is pretty restrictive but I followed it to a tee in the beginning because I didn't have any other information or instructions. It worked really well for me. I did find that by eating the quantity of each type of food satisfied my appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment